- They paid problems, intra descent disputes and disputes anywhere between natal communities and you may communities from inside the which they have been partnered.
- They did rites, traditions, and you will sacrifices on the area, like the finally absolution rites for new brides. At the time concerned, this new bride-to-getting create confess all of the the girl wrong doings into the otu umuada who does next cleanse the lady.
- The fresh new otu umuada and additionally performed purification traditions having origin households and you may other areas which were considered polluted, so the gods otherwise goddesses would not leash out its wrath into anybody, but alternatively, give them good health, bounty and you will girls and boys.
- The otu umuada read confessions away from adulterous wives and you can performed filtering rituals in their mind.
The chief, anasi, was the quintessential senior spouse in the community. She try the brand new girlfriend who was hitched longest locally. The newest anasi are new medium whereby the women you are going to voice its issues and you can cover the hobbies once the wives, moms and dads, growers, and you may people.
- They helped descent spouses in times from fret and you will infection.
- It heard and you can pronounced punishments during the times connected with husbands just who abused their spouses.
- They made sure your community weight and market place was brush.
- It generated behavior involving the growing and you may harvesting of crops.
- It grabbed proper care of pets that had shed their crops.
Sporadically regarding the life of the community, this new otu umuada and you can otu inyomdi showed up with her given that ladies construction to go over conditions that impacted them since women in new area.
Many years levels were categories of women from same years, which came together so you can promote bonuses with the aspiration and you may persistence. They performed spiritual, public and you may political functions into the community; provided training getting young adults in-group existence; and you will provided channels having socializing and companionship that have been very helpful and you may integrative facts from inside the people. For the Igboland, single descent daughters shaped by themselves on the some ogbo relationships. Included in this is the brand new okpo ntu in addition to their commitments included clean and maintaining the brand new community latrines and you may rubbish deposits; performing communal labor features such as for instance family strengthening and related tasks; and, tossing on their own for the dancing communities, hence offered community forums in which lady you may generate solid and you may long-term relationship with other female from the group.
She ensured industry taboos was noticed, and arrested wrongdoers and you will delivered them through to the omu judge
Igbo women you will definitely enhance their social status if you take titles. These types of headings included the newest ikenga, inachi and you will inwene. Named females was indeed accorded many admiration and people who presented frontrunners possibilities you’ll commonly keep political workplace.
During the Igboland status is actually hit, perhaps not ascribed and you can good woman’s updates is actually determined by her very own victory, perhaps not the ones from the girl partner
The brand new omu along with her case from named ladies councilors, ilogu, were charged with retain the female section of the neighborhood. Industry put are the fresh Igbo female’s domain. It actually was stored the four weeks. The latest omu and her case oversaw industry and defined its rules and regulations. The fresh omu and her pantry fixed the costs out-of markets items and outlined market prohibitions. It acted given that a judge regarding judging out-of instances and you can persecuting of completely wrong doers. New omu appointed a police lady known as awo. The awo accompanied this new fixed rates statutes throughout the segments. Field taboos provided, zero assaulting in the business, hand create ought not to to appear during the bunches, but separated earliest; and ultimately, peppers is boiled earliest in advance of being sold.
Regarding Pennsylvania sugar daddy dating site precolonial era, Western African women gained together so you can vocalize its feelings throughout the points one inspired them. This type of conference basis plus served as the assistance communities that women you will definitely rely on to appropriate discipline out of offensive boys.